Check Out The Feedback Page!  |  Check Out What's Steroactive!  |  To The Archives

Friday, January 26, 2007, 05:46
Australian Photos Are Online!


Well, I've been in bed, and back out again this morning, but I'm going back there in just a few minutes. I just thought I'd continue the long process of uploading photos. As I type, the last few files are making their way into the World Wide Web, and onto your computer! (If you want them!). Only about a quarter of my photos from this trip made the passing grade, so if you were expecting to see some that aren't there, let me know. Well, I've just been notified that the files are all there! Get at me if you have any questions, or want any of these in a higher quality. Aight! I'm hitten' the hay!!

Australia 2007: My Trip Down Under!

posted by Trevor


Friday, January 19, 2007, 23:04
Riding Kangaroos, And Other Australian Challenges


So, riding a kangaroo is very hard. So hard, in fact, that I haven't successfully tried it yet. Actually, I haven't tried it at all. But you can imagine, it would be hard! So, here I am close to where I started, in Brisbane Australia, touring the city as I enjoy my last few days Down Under. So far, I've 4x4'd the sandy Fraser Island, left blood on the rocky barnacles of the Champagne Pools, found out that UV rays can get through hair and that it's possible for your head to peel, I've scuba dived and snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef near the town of 1770, I've surfed the magnificent beaches of mooloolaba, and shopped the markets of Eumundi with Toni & Andi (among other things). So, here I am at the City Backpackers Hostel, making others wait for the internet (not as long as I waited though!) and enjoying the view of the city. But, because I'm here on pleasure and not business, I've got to get going! :) Oh, and once again, I miss my spell check!!  See you in the winter!

posted by Trevor


Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 23:59
I'm In Australia!


So, now I'm in Australia. Here's the story so far:
I left Red Deer at 02:00 Sunday morning (the 7th). I got to Calgary, parked in the park n' Fly (it's 2 bucks cheaper then Park n' Jet!) and got to the terminal just before 03:30. My plan was to get through security and sleep until departure. Guess what? Check-in didn't start until 04:30! I wish I knew this stuff! Sooo, once I got through and found my gate, ate some Harvey's breakfast, and found a comfy bench, I was ready for a nap. When I woke, they were doing the final boarding call for my flight. Yikes! So, I boarded, sat down, vaguely remember taking off, and then I remember the announcement that we would be starting our decent into LA. Nice! That was the quickest flight I have ever flown. Once on the ground, and in the International terminal, I had a good 14 hours to wait. So, I split my day up sleeping, eating, and looking around. Finally check-in started, and eventually, about an our late (23:20ish instead of 22:30), we boarded and headed west to Nadi Fiji. Great place, Fiji. I should visit there sometime. Spent the morning in Fiji, and caught my last outbound flight to Brisbane. Once in Brissy, I did some looking around, and finally ended up at the Homestead Hostel. Really nice people, great showers, very quiet night! I loved it. I'll be there again before I head out on the 23rd. Then, I decided to pull out my Motorola world phone, to see how it works. But, I don't have it anymore. Ya. Must be somewhere between LAX and BNE. Hope it hasn't been used much! I hope Travis gets my email and can swap it out for me. Thanks Travis!! After that, I lounged the evening away in the Hostel, meeting all the travelers staying there, before going with the group to the cinemas. A few of us decided on 'Night at the Museum'. I totally recommend it! Very funny. After getting back to the Hostel, and borrowing Jemma's alarm clock (thanks Jemma! Much appreciated!!), I wandered around the residential area we were in. I got to watch two possums playing on the power lines. Gotta love the wildlife! I don't think I've seen anything yet (I hope not, anyway!!). This morning, after checking out and being driven by Jemma (Again, thanks Jemma!!) to the bus terminal, I caught my shuttle to my current location; Harvey Bay. And, because my $2 is up right away, I'm gunna submit this entry, spelling errors and all. Enjoy, I'll get at ya later!!

posted by Trevor


Saturday, January 6, 2007, 19:16
No More Work Before Australia!!!


Now that I'm home from work and starting to pack, this might be my last blog entry for the next 2 and a half weeks! So, if you want to get at me, email me. Enjoy winter. It's summer where I'm going!! Ta ta for now.

posted by Trevor


Friday, January 5, 2007, 02:18
New Pics!!


Check out the New Years Eve pics of the Oilers VS the Flames! Now online in your local photo department!

New Years Eve 2006 Photos

posted by Trevor


Leavin' On A Jet Plane. Be Back In 3 Weeks.


Okay, tomorrow will be a busy day. But, that's mostly because of yesterday. I think that will be my new tag line! Actually, because of the last few days. This is the rundown:

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, a whole lot in the last few years, and some real whoppers in the last couple months. But God has a perfect plan from this point on. But that doesn't get me off the hook. I'm not going into detail about my mistakes (ya, ya, you wish!), but I will tell you it has added a good deal of stress to my days. So, ok, my point is, I have a good foundation of stress to start my story of my busy tomorrow. In the last few weeks, I've been seriously considering a trip down under; Australia. But not seriously enough to commit to it. Also, in the last few days, I've been seriously looking at houses. A few days ago, I finally decided I was definitely going to Australia, and started getting organized. Also, in the last couple of days, I decided (with Mandi) on a house (a new half duplex) in Oriole Park. So, tomorrow, this is what I have to do, besides working 09:00-17:30. I need to get to the real estate lawyers office to assign power of attorney to Mandi so she can sign for the house. I have to make sure that the lawyer is okay with the process so far. Actually, I guess I have to make sure he's ok taking me as a client! Should be ok. Also, I have to get everything ready for the financing to go through on the house. That means I have to dig through my packed belongings to find paper work, including tax stuff from 3 years ago, to give to Mandi to take to the bank. Okay, should be good. Also, I have to pay the travel agent for the tickets to Brisbane because the great deal I thought I had fell through a few days ago. Then, I have to come home and pack! I will have some time to pack on Saturday, before heading to Calgary at 01:30 Sunday to be at the airport 3 hours prior to my 07:00 flight to LA (via San Francisco). But, after I arrive in LA at 11:46, I get to have my terminal rest while I wait for my 22:30 to Brisbane (not counting the layovers, I forget them right now). And, once I get to Brisbane, unless I find time to figure this all out (I hope I can at least find time to grab a Lonely Planet Guide from Chapters), I have no clue where I'm going or where I'll be staying. But that's the thrill of it. Unplanned adventure! Ahh, I love it. And, because I plan to be traveling light, and I bought a larger-than-backpacking-sized lap top, I will be without a computer this trip. Yikes. Really, really naked. That's how I'll feel! (not actually how I'll be, just how I'll feel, got it?) Ok, this is the time I need to go to bed. Hopefully I'll be able to add an entry before I go.

And a note to those meeting on January 10th, if you get this:
I'm sorry I've been so busy, and haven't been in touch, but things are crazy right now, and I'm trying so hard to hear and follow God. I feel at this point that I'm not the best example to be following (not yet, I hope to be eventually though), and I also feel like I'm not supposed to put myself in a position right now that might look like spiritual leadership. Please forgive me, but this opportunity to go to over seas couldn't have happened any other time soon, as I move in February, and I want to hit summer in Australia. Please accept my apology. Also, please hear what I feel I need to say. God doesn't choose who to forgive and who not to. He forgives every one of us that wants it. And He gives his love to everyone, if they deserve it or not. If you can forgive me for what you know or think I've done, even without me asking you to (I do ask it, but you don't really no what for yet), please remember those that you may have a harder time to forgive. The line behind what I'm saying is, I don't think I should be at this get together, but if you feel like going through with it, and I feel that you're doing it for the right reasons, and that you're not excluding anyone for whatever reasons, then I would love to hang out in the future. All I need to see is that I'm not the leader. Put this together in a way that will honor God, and I would love be there. If you need some advice on how honoring God might look (I'm not offering their leadership, just their advice) you might talk to Mandi or my Mom.

If we put God first in our lives, we will succeed. If we give Satan a finger hold, if we give him a way into your life, we will fail. I guarantee it, we will fail. And fall. But God loves us, and often I feel He waits for the falls and failures in our lives, because that's when we know we need Him. That's when we cry out for Him. That's when we don't care how bad the truth hurts, because it can't hurt any worse. Jesus new what he had to do. He didn't want to do it. Someone very close to Him told Him he didn't have to, and Jesus called Him Satan for saying that. He suffered, was beaten to death, and as he died he asked God to forgive His killers. But not because He wanted to. But because He knew he had to do what God told Him to do, for His own good, and for ours. God's will is for us to have a great life. If we do other than God's will, our lives won't be as good as they could be. Recently, after much disobedience, I want to have God's plan in my life. So now, no matter how bad it hurts now to follow God, I know I will never hurt like Jesus did. And things will be better than I could ever imagine. So, although I never stopped believing even for a second, and I never once questioned God's awesome ability to take care of my future, I tried to ignore Him, because I didn't want to deal with my sins. Now, I wish I did from the start, but I can't go back, only forward. The way God planned it to be. I'm not perfect, but I'm saved. The way God planned it.

I love you guys, and I hope you have a great time. I'll be praying for you. Peace, I'm outta here!

posted by Trevor


Tuesday, January 2, 2007, 02:00
Visit My myspace!


Just so you know, I moved the link to my 'myspace' account (http://www.myspace.com/teknogeex) from the main nav bar. It can now be found and clicked in the 'links' page. Don't pull a finger muscle trying to click there too fast. Enjoy!

posted by Trevor


The 2nd Day Of The Year!


I had a very interesting - yet still awesome - New Years Eve this year. Thanks to Blake, for the invite. It started off (basically) with Blake, Tara & me meeting Jordan (Blake's roommate) at about 17:00 on December 31st, 2006, in front of Peter's Drive In in Calgary. But Peter & his staff took the night off. So McDonalds got us started. We parked our cars, got McD's, and hopped on the C-Train. At about 17:50, we arrived at the Saddledome and got our tickets. We watched as our Oilers got beat 4-2 by the Flames, and headed back up the track to my car. Jordan and the GPS led us to party 'A' at which we had some munchies and beverages (of course I only drank pop, which is why I was driving - not the other way around) before heading out at 22:50 to our final destination of the night. Jenny's house. Up until this point, I had no idea who Jenny was. But, she gave us a warm welcome (thanks, Jenny!) and we enjoyed the night. We rang in the new year (seriously, Jenny has a bell in her kitchen) and enjoyed the hot tub. I won't go into details, because I went to bed early (04:30) and missed most of the spicy details myself. Sleep that night (morning) was in a sleeping bag on a comfy spot on the floor (and hey, Blake, don't worry, it was comfy!) until my phone alarm sounded at 08:00. Blake & Tara were so eager to get going, it was great (Ha!). We hit the road, hit Timmy's for breakfast, and made Red Deer by 10:00, perfect time to drop off Tara and Blake and to shower and get to the Shop by 11:00. And the day went pretty well, I must say, (I'm still up now, aren't I!). But, the hours are pulling my eyes shut, and the cat just knocked over the garbage can in the bathroom, so I'm gunna send ya'll off with a "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!".

Tomorrow's agenda? Look for a house (or a lot to put one on) and plan for Australia! Woohoo! Sweet Dreams everyone, don't mess up on your resolutions too quick!

posted by Trevor


To The Archives...


Enter Code:
Home  |  Stereoactive  |  Blog  |  North America 2006  |  Post  |  Admin  |  Links